Suffering a personal injury accident can be one of the worst situations that we could ever deal with. So, if you have been the victim of one of these incidents, we would like to take the time to sympathize with your current situation. The aftermath of these incidents is significantly difficult to deal with because of their risk for physical, emotional, and financial damages.
However, there is a bright side in all of this turmoil. As a victim, you are entitled to receive monetary compensation for all of your damages. Nonetheless, pursuing justice on your own is not such a straightforward task.
In most personal injury claims, proving fault is a must. Additionally, you will have to deal with insurance companies in representation of the at-fault party, which are known for offering unfair monetary settlements.
For these and many other reasons, you will require the expertise of a Dania Beach accident lawyer. These legal experts will make sure that your rights are protected and will guarantee that you attain fair compensation. It is time to learn about the most common personal injury accidents in Dania Beach. Including the types of damages that qualify for compensation, and the benefits of hiring an injury attorney.
What Are The Most Common Personal Injury Accidents in Dania Beach?
- Motor vehicle accidents may be the most recurring and tragic personal injury incidents in the entire U.Snation. Severe road traffic collisions are extremely dangerous because they can lead to grave injuries including longstanding brain damage. Therefore, people’s speech and motor functions can be negatively affected.
Motor vehicle accidents are attributed to a variety of reasons. Some examples of these are infractions such as speeding, operating vehicles under the influence of alcohol, and texting while driving.
The State of Florida imposes a no-fault car insurance system. This means that after a road traffic crash, your own insurance policy or personal injury protection will cover your own damages. This is applicable regardless of who caused the incident.
- “Slip and fall” is a legal term used to refer to the accident where pedestrians trip and fall on someone else’s premises. Falls may lead to muscle strains, bruises, fractures, and other injuries of different degrees.
By law, establishment owners must keep their properties free of any potential hazards. Some instances of these dangerous conditions are things like broken tiles, debris, and wet floors.
Have in mind that tort law protects people who were lawfully within the establishment at the time of the accident. In other words, landlords will not be held accountable for victims’ injuries if they were trespassing illegally.
- Product liability refers to the responsibility of any or all parties within the manufacture and delivery chain process of a product that harmed a consumer. This includes assembling manufacturers, wholesalers, and retail store owners.
In general, product liability is considered a strict liability offense. In order to prove fault, the injured individual must demonstrate that the product was defective at the time of usage. Even if manufacturers or suppliers exercised care at the time of its creation, they will be held responsible for the victim’s injuries. This is always the case when a product fails to complete its purpose and injures the consumer as a result.
- Dog bites can cause bone fractures, nerve damage, tears in soft tissues, serious infections, and rabies. The State of Florida follows a strict liability system in regards to this offense. This means that dog owners will be liable for victims’ injuries even if they intended to prevent the incident.
However, just like slip and fall accidents, dog bites fall under the category of premises liability claims. For this reason, dog owners will not be held accountable for the incident if victims were trespassers.
- Assault can be defined as an intentional act of inflicting fear or physical harm to another person. Depending on the accident, victims of these actions may suffer life-lasting consequences.
Most criminal codes consider assault a misdemeanor punishable by fines and up to one year in county jail. Cases involving death threats or serious bodily harm are known as “aggravated assault”. The offender could serve a prison sentence of ten to twenty years. In civil tort cases, the amount of compensation that the victim could attain is calculated based on the wrongdoer’s actions.
What Damages Can You Recover in a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
In general, personal injury accident victims are entitled to recover awards from three types of damages. These are damages making up economic losses and punitive damages. Let’s take a closer look at these in the next section
- Damages for economic losses: Medical care, property damage, and lost income will be attributed if you are unable to work or pay the cost of household services.
- Damages for non-economic losses: Pain and suffering, decrease in quality of life, or disfigurement or physical impairment, etc.
- Punitive damages: These are intended to punish wrongdoers for their actions. Punitive damages are often awarded when the offender’s behavior was significantly negligent or intentional.
What Are The Benefits of Hiring The Best Injury Lawyers in Dania Beach?
- An accident attorney in Dania Beach fully comprehends the legal framework of all injury incidents. Therefore, they will make sure that your personal injury claim complies with all Florida mandates.
- If you were involved in a motor vehicle accident caused by someone driving under the influence of alcohol, a Florida car accident attorney can request a blood alcohol level test from the other party.
We understand that suffering a personal injury accident is a very harrowing situation. As a result, your decision making may be affected. For this reason, an accident lawyer in Dania Beach can be a voice of reason for you during these difficult times.
- A slip and fall lawyer can offer you free consultations. During these sessions, you can ask them any questions that you may have concerning your claim. The point of view of an accident attorney will be a big advantage over the other party.
- The best personal injury lawyer in Dania Beach can point you towards the best medical team to treat your injuries in record time.
- Proving fault is absolutely crucial when seeking compensation. Additionally, the other party will also have their say in the case.
Rest assured that the best personal injury accident attorney in Florida works with qualified private investigators to seek ample evidence; thus, proving that you were a victim of negligence.
- One of the biggest issues that victims may encounter when filing a personal injury claim is not being aware of the amount of compensation that they are entitled to.
In consequence, as we mentioned before, insurance companies take advantage of this situation and approach people with unfair settlements. However, an injury lawyer will make sure that you are compensated correctly as they can negotiate with these firms.
- Your rights come first. In order to prove so, accident law firms in South Florida work on contingency fees. These are a percentage of your recovered damages. Have in mind that if your case is not settled, they will not take a single dollar out of your pocket.
Call a Dania Beach Injury Lawyer Right Away!
We thank you for taking your time in reading this article. This information was brought to you by the best accident law firm in Florida. You deserve justice for all of your damages. So, contact the best Dania Beach accident lawyer right now!